Soar Detroit is committed to safeguarding the privacy of you and your child. Toward that end, when you consent to have your child participate in our online program, we and/or BookNook will collect information needed to effectively administer and improve the program.
· Your name, telephone number and email address.
· Your child’s name, grade, gender, reading level and session performance data.
· Video and/or audio recording of each tutoring session.
· Information about the use of BookNook, including the user’s general location (based on IP address or GPS), when and for how long a user accesses the application, content viewed, and program activity.
· Information from and about the user’s device, such as mobile device type, browser type and version, operating system name and version, IP address, and referring URL. This information is collected automatically when BookNook is launched.
· Information is also collected through cookies from user’s computer, and other persistent identifiers.
How information is used:
· To create a unique user account for each student on the tutoring platform (BookNook). To protect their identities, children will be identified by first name and the first two initials of their last name.
· To help us tailor lesson content to each student.
· Soar Detroit will maintain video and/or audio recordings of the sessions for security and training purposes. Children will not be identified by full name on recordings.
· To understand usage, diagnose problems, monitor tutoring activity, administer the program, facilitate security, provide user support and make program improvements.
· Aggregate data (no identifying information) is used to document and evaluate program effectiveness and may be shared with funders and external evaluators.
· Information collected through pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) or other, similar technologies is used to track how students navigate through BookNook. It is not used to track use of any third-party service.
· To report on/discuss an individual student to/with their parent or legal guardian when requested or as deemed appropriate by Soar Detroit.
· To comply with legal processes as necessary and appropriate, including to protect the health and well-being of the child or another person.
· You may review your child’s personal information upon request. You may also direct us to delete identifying information and refuse to allow further collection of or use of identifying information. To review or make such a request, please email email@example.com or mail your request to Soar Detroit, 21001 Moross Rd., Detroit, MI 48236.